Saturday, February 17, 2018

Spring is almost here!

I can not believe it is almost the end of February and Spring will be here in one month!  I have spent lots of February painting in my studio.  I am working on each month as the season it honors.  I just finished hearts for Valentine's Day and am painting shamrocks for...you guessed it St. Patrick's Day.  My goal is to do one painting a month.  I am excited about this series.  Last year I did a series of each season and a Adirondack chair and quilt (pictured here)  the series will compliment each other.
 I wanted to keep very busy creating since I am having a very rough time grieving for my Mom.  My Mom would have celebrated her 89th Birthday on February 4.  I have my Birthday on February 9.  It was a very sad time for me as Mom and I celebrated our Birthdays together.
  I have my very first show of the Season on March 21 to March 24, 2018.  I will be at the Lancaster Quilt Show at the Continental Inn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  Please check out my website at www.dianephalen.com for more information.
  Enjoy the rest of Winter and the beginning of Spring.  Here in Pennsylvania snow is expected tonight  with  temperatures to rebound to warm weather on Wednesday for 74 degree temperatures!!  Sounds pretty impossible...we shall see!

IRISH SHAMROCKS

SPRING AWAKENING!

No comments: