Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Welcome 2018!

A New Year is upon us, Welcome 2018!  I was glad to see the end of 2017.  It was a very difficult year for me with the passing of my wonderful Mom.  I miss her every minute of the day.  My life is very empty without her to visit and see and talk with every day.
  I went in my studio New Year's Eve.  It is my tradition to paint through to the beginning of the New Year.  I have started with two new paintings.  I am filling my days with the return to painting once again.  The Winter snow and cold is comforting to me as I stay in my studio and begin creating.
  I went to see a Covered Bridge close to me that decorates for the Christmas Season.  Walking and taking photos was a challenge as it was 13 degrees and I had to go without gloves to take photos.  But oh so worth the beauty of seeing the lights, snow and frozen river.  I was there to see the sun set and watch a full moon rise...beautiful!  Happy New Year to all!  I hope you settle in through the next few months of Winter to create and quilt!!

Sharing some of my Covered Bridge photos from last year until I get my new ones printed.  This year there was snow on the ground, a full moon and even more lights!!

Snowy Owl and Covered Bridge
painted from my favorite Covered bridge near my home.

Covered bride all decorated for the holidays!

This photo was taken last year.
  This year there was snow on the ground which made it even more special!


Inside the Covered bridge!
Covered Bridge reflected in the water!

No comments: