Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Quilting Around Chautauqua"

I just returned from Quilting Around Chautauqua.  What a beautiful weekend!  The show was extra fantastic.  The weekend went too fast...I met so many of you and Thank you for of the art you purchased from me.  What a delight to sign your purchases and talk with you.  Lake Chautauqua was sparkling in the sunlight and mirror reflections of the Autumn shoreline were beautiful.  I am so happy that everyone loved my painting I did of the front porch of the historic Athenaeum Hotel with the rocking chairs, Mattie Rhoades stunning quilts among the mums and autumn setting.  I could write a book on this weekend that was made very special by my wonderful vendor neighbors, great friends I see once a year.
 Eleanor Burns was a special treat to see after so many years!  She had a great weekend introducing her newest book "Quilts from El's Kitchen.  Mattie Rhoades showed off her new quilts and graciously mentioned my painting in her lectures.  I have known Mattie and her husband Steve from my days in Oregon.  We got some time to visit after the show.  They made me homesick for Oregon! 
  My original Watercolor went to a very special and loving home.I was honored to see my painting in its new home.  Judy has a beautiful, amazing Quilt Retreat in a restored Dairy Barn.  It has a studio to dream of....inspiration galore for quilters...a setting in the countryside that is a visual feast.
  I drove home tired, but so happy from a great weekend.  Thanks to Judy for the stay at her Quilter's retrat I drove home Monday instead of Sunday night in the dark.  An added bonus seeing all the Autumn colors through the Mountains.  Six hours of Autumn color,,,bright reds, oranges and yellows.  My eyes hurt...in a good way!!!!!  I can hardly wait until 2014 Quilting Around Chautauqua.  Thank you Judy Fenton for the wonderful show and hospitality!!  Join us next year September, 26, 27 & 28,2014!!!  I will be starting a new painting for the show this winter!!!

No comments: