Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Autumn at the Ocean!

I just returned from a show in Tuckahoe, New Jersey.  it was a wonderful show...Thank you South Shore Stitchers!  I have been at their show for many years and always love that it is close by to my very favorite beach and boardwalk in Ocean City, New Jersey.  I was so fortunate to stay at my in -laws beautiful Condo.  My Mom and Dad in-law have been gone for a few years so walking into their home is so wonderful as I can feel their gentle and loving prescence all around me.  My art decorates their home.  My wonderful sister in laws have kept the home so we can enjoy all the memories we have created through the years there together.
  I was so happy to visit with Pam and brother in law Tom.  We had a great time visiting and walking the beach and boardwalk .  We saw a orange Harvest Moon over the ocean...absolutely stunning!  The sunrise over the ocean was stunning too!  I collected lots of shells and pebbles and have them on my fireplace mantel to remind me of my time by the sea!
  I walked the boardwalk and ocean every day.  It was warm enough to put my feet in the ocean.  I took so many inspiring photos for future paintings!  I can hardly wait to start creating an ocean painting.
  Thank you Pam,Tom, Beth and Peggy for my wonderful stay at the Condo.  I feel ready to face the rest of my Autumn and Christmas shows.  Without my time at the house and ocean I was really experiencing extreme tiredness! 
  I leave for New England...A Quilters' Gathering October 30...then my Christmas season begins!
Til next time "Happy Quilting!"

1 comment:

Anita said...

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the ocean. I rec'd the print I bought from you and it hangs in the living room where I can see it all the time. Good luck at your next show.

Anita/Idaho