Sunday, September 15, 2013

Autumn is sneaking in!

Autumn is coming in.  Two days ago it was almost 90 degrees and then suddenly over night temperatures changed to chilly 40 degrees.  I love Autumn and all it brings in the beautiful autumn foliage, pumpkins and colorful mums.  But how sad to say "goodbye" to Summer.  I love the warm, sunshine...the heat on my skin. 
 This coming week my shows start once again.  After 4 weekends to paint I am sad but also happy to know I will see many of you enjoying the Quilt shows and Christmas shows.
  I spent this weekend putting final touches on a painting of Lake Tahoe, California.  At the same time I sketched more ideas to work on between my shows.  Perhaps, I will bring one along to paint at a show....you never know!
  I also spent time visiting with friends.  I had lunch with two friends and then spent Saturday night at my other favorite pleasure...besides painting...of course....country line dancing.  I have so much fun trying to learn new dances, visiting with friends and laughing as we stomp and dance the night away.
  Enjoy the very last days of Summer.  I know your thoughts are turning to Quilting and warm nights before a cozy fireplace.  Me...I really want Summer to stay a few more months!!!  But, I sure would miss seeing the Autumn colors!!!! Til next time..."Happy Quilting"  Check out my show schedule at www.dianephalen.com and come by to say "Hi".

No comments: