Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thank you!

Thank you so very much for all your kind words of concern through Hurricane Sandy.  It was a tremendous storm of fierce winds, toppled trees and power outages.  The New Jersey Shore and NYC were devastated and will take a very long time to recover.  Please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers as they continue to recover from all that has happened.
  I left for A Quilters' Gathering a few days after the storm.  I left my home in total darkness at 4 a.m. and drove through many of the states affected by Hurricane Sandy.  When I arrived in New Hampshire for the show I was glad to see electric and a hot shower that evening.  We forget how very fortunate we are to have heat, electric, food and water.  Every day we need to "Give Thanks" for all that life has to offer.  Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away so when we bow our heads not only be grateful for what we have but pray that others will be able to be comfortable in their homes once again. Thank you for family, friends, neighbors and this life we are given.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Glady said...

Hello Diane, It was such a pleasure talking to you today. I never knew when I called to order prints that I would speak with the "artist." Wow! I so admire your paintings! Stop by my blog sometime. It's gladysgab.blogspot.com Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.