Sunday, June 6, 2010

Where has the time gone......

I could hardly believe so much time has passed by since my last post. It just goes to prove that yes, time does go too fast. Summer has arrived again and the months between were filled with living, painting and yes extreme sadness. My wonderful Dad passed away on May 20. I am still raw with emotion in missing him. What a great Dad I was blessed with! I was so fortunate to have such a blessing in having him in my life. He taught me so much and always believed in me being an artist. He always gave me so much encouragement and love. My Dad lived a full life of 87 years. He was a WWII vet and so proud of his Army service. The stories he told have special meaning every day. I remember him with tears and also smiles in memories that unfold daily.
I had a favorite Quilt show this weekend in my hometown of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The Colonial Quilters put on an awesome show of beautiful quilts. My Mom came to the show and had a great time. She had not been to a show in a few years. So, Mom will you start Quilting??!! She use to love to sew...so maybe inspiration will be found. I know that several quilts triggered some special painting ideas. We will see!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Diane,

So sorry to hear about your Dad. It will get better, but you will always miss him.
Glad to see you post again. I know what you mean about time rushing by.
Anita Owen
Bed of Roses MQ