Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

I am getting ready for my Gallery Reception at Dutchland Galleries. I went to visit the Gallery with my original paintings, prints, puzzles and gift items in readiness for my reception on Saturday. Please check out my show page! It was so much fun talking with Jill and Alan the Gallery owners. The Gallery always looks fantastic. On this 100 degree day of heat and humidity many people came through their doors. Two of my original paintings "Almost Home" and "Amish Neighbors" recently sold there. I got to see the beautiful frame and color of mats chosen for "Almost Home"....It was stunning! I am always sad when one of my "originals" is sold but happy too that they will be enjoyed by a special collector of my art! My drive home was so beautiful...I always forget how special Lancaster County is. I passed many fruit and vegetable stands and stopped at one for just picked corn, tomatoes and blueberries. I passed many Amish families in buggies and open carriages. They were also enjoying the summer heat under trees in the shade. They do not have air conditioning...and I must admit I too use mine rarely. I prefer the air from my open windows. And to really cool off I remember the cold winters! Such fun to see cows, horses, colts and a gaggle of white geese playing in the creek! Saturday, I will be there again, looking forward to my Gallery Reception at Dutchland Galleries!

No comments: