Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Teaser!!

The sun is shining, warm breezes caress and melt the mounds of snow. Coats are tossed aside for bare arms and enjoyment of the beautiful weather. The calendar says February but this spurt of warmth says otherwise. It was fun to have a taste of Spring. We know it can not last, but how welcome it was...if even only to tease us for a day or two!! I took my Mom to lunch and we enjoyed the day. It is fun to see grass again. This morning I was treated to a rare sight...a beautiful Blue Heron in my pine tree. We startled each other and off in to the sky he took...such beauty!! I am getting ready for my show in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee only 2 weeks away. It was pretty great not to have any shows for a 2 months. I enjoyed working, creating and not having to travel from home. Tomorrow we are back to the cold and wind...but thankful for this February treat and Spring tease!!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

We had four days this week with a hint of spring. You are right it is a rare if short lived treat. If you get out west to a show maybe I'll see you there.

Anita