Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Return to Summer!

The first sign of Summer for me is the lightning bugs...or fireflies as they look like embers of light from a campfire making tiny lights everywhere.  They are late this year as is everything with the harsh winter experienced here in Pennsylvania.  Last night I saw them and what a welcome sight.  I enjoy the return of warmer days, sunshine and thunderstorms! 
  I am painting in my studio and getting ready for the Kutztown Folk Festival.  It will be here in 3 weeks!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun to find your blog and see what you've been up to! One of my daycare kids was asking about one of your prints in my kitchen so I was showing him more of your work online. Will you still travel to the Sister's Show? Best wishes,
Beth

Diane Phalen said...

Thank you so very much Beth! I really wish I could be in Sisters this year. I so very much miss Oregon and the wonderful show that I attended in person for 13 years!! Hopefully in 2015!!