Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Home for awhile!!

I just got home from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  It was so wonderful to meet and talk with so many wonderful Quilters at the show.  I enjoyed myself at this great show and had fun seeing some of Pigeon Forge on my "off" hours.  I went to a fantastic Western store and had great fun trying on cowboy boots and several country outfits.  I resisted temptation this year and just enjoyed window shopping!  The weather was great to sit on my hotel balcony overlooking the river and enjoying the ducks and geese that came by!  The daffodils were in full bloom!  The day I left there was a forest fire several blocks from where I stayed.  There were no injuries but many cabins sadly burned.  I hope everyone is allright.  The Smoky Mountains are so beautiful.  I took several evening walks and watched the Mountains turn blue in the sunset.
  I had fun seeing my sister Linda and her husband Ray in Kentucky.  Ray cooked wonderful meals for us both.  I was fortunate to be on their farm during birthing season for the goats!  I saw a baby goat being born...so very precious! My ride home was through Mountains in West Virginia covered in snow.

No comments: