Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads out there! Being a Dad is a huge responsibility. You are given a trust to take care of, love and nourish a person who will become a part of this earth and life and will grow by your nurturing presence in their own life. Treasure the gift you are given and always be the best Dad you can be. I was lucky to have my wonderful Dad in my life until his passing 2 years ago. The lessons, love, stories, vacations are all part of me. His influence is felt daily! I think of him so often and memories bring on the smiles and a tear or two in missing seeing him. Summer is right around the corner! I love the sunny days, warm sunshine on my skin, my windows open to catch a breeze and fill my home with wonderful smells of cut grass and soft rains. One of my favorite shows the Kutztown Folk Festival is only days away. I have spent all this month getting ready. In between I am painting as much as possible. I have had fun experimenting with new watercolors and am working on a very challenging work of art. I am looking forward to wonderful summer as I hope everyone is. Lighning storms, fireflies, warm sunny days...bring it on!!! Happy Father's Day! Happy Summer!

No comments: